ponedeljek, 23. marec 2015

Just another food post :)



Today I have this absolutely amazingly yummylicious but soo simple to make, and on top of all healthy recipe to share with you! :) So the other day my friend brought her brunch to school....and as always whenever  food is involved and brought out of bags, I was there :D The thing looked like a white chocolate fudge and it smelled pretty nice so I asked, of course, what it was. She said millet soufflé with cottage cheese...and I was like “Omg that sounds so delicious! Tell me more!!!”.


After I heard this - the simplest recipe ever, I instantly decided that this is going to be my dinner that day. I went to the store, bought all ingredients, and rolled up my sleeves. When I took it out of the oven, the most divine smell filled up my kitchen...and I couldn’t wait to dig in and try it! I mean come on! SO GOOD!! I made it again today. Sorry, just couldn’t resist haha 
And the fact that it’s healthy, protein and good fat packed, is just beyond me! 



Ok, it’s probably time to stop drooling and tell you the recipe:

Bear in mind that not all measures are exact, as I always do this in “a little bit of that, and that, and that, maybe a pinch of this and some more of that” style, but I tried to measure all ingredients  this time so it would be easier for you. Here we go:


*around 200ml of coconut milk (could use with any other milk on the market or just water)

*around 200ml of water (instead of water you can just add another 200ml of milk)

*250g of millet (this time I took 200g of millet and 50g of couscous – haha why not :D)

*some ground vanilla

*vanilla sugar (could use any other sugar or syrup or just don’t use it if you really want a boring healthy meal :p)

*a bit of coconut fat


For cottage cheese mixture use:


*250g of cottage cheese, low fat if you will

*one medium egg

*vanilla sugar and some ground vanilla


Process:

Open a can of coconut milk (see all this tasteful, gooey fat on the surface? Dig in and break it in half so you can add half to the pan with a bit of water that’s under it too). 

Put in a pan, add water and millet with sugar and vanilla. Bring it to the boil slowly, stis several times to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom and cook for about 20 minutes (just try it and when it’s easy to eat it’s probably ready :D). 

Check it regularly and if/when the millet absorbs all the liquid, add a bit more water or milk. You have to get this sticky consistency at the end when it’s cooked, but it must not be too hard to stir.

After you cooked your millet, put it aside to cool down. Preheat the oven to a 180-200°C. 


Now prepare the cottage cheese mixture by combining all the ingredients listed above. Mix very well!





When your millet cools down, combine it with the cottage cheese mixture, and put in a small baking dish (I used a bit of baking paper just so I can get it out easily). 



All you need to do now is to put it in the oven for about 30min or until beautifully golden brown.


If you want, you can add into the mixture some shredded apples, mashed banana, berries, nuts, and coconut shreds, really anything your heart desires. Be creative and try new things!

But I like mine best just the way it is – simple and fabulous.....and cold - yummmm! :) 


If you make a bit more of this soufflé, you can also put it in the freezer ...but in my experience, you won’t have any leftovers to freeze :) It stays in the fridge for about 4 days easily, but you'll eat it sooner anyway, so no worries. :D


I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and I would love to hear any suggestions, improvements and different varieties of this recipe made by you, so don’t be afraid to share it! ;)


 *D*

p.s. never forget to clean the dishes after you bake............ ;)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar